RIPE Atlas is a global, open, distributed Internet measurement platform, consisting of thousands of measurement devices(probes) that measure Internet connectivity in real time. In this webinar, we will introduce the RIPE Atlas project and demonstrate measurements such as traceroute, DNS etc which can provide valuable insight into a network and enable troubleshooting. We will explore running measurements from the Web UI and also from the CLI, and finally share details about how you can host a software probe in your network.
The webinar is aimed at network operators who have general knowledge about IP networking, DNS and BGP, as well as the programming language Python and basic Linux command line (CLI) skills.
• You have a RIPE NCC Access account (create one here: https://access.ripe.net/registration)
• You have logged in atlas.ripe.net web page
- What is the RIPE Atlas project and why does it matter
- Getting started with RIPE Atlas measurements – traceroute, dns etc
- Demo of measurements from Web UI and CLI
- Host a RIPE Atlas Software probe