IPv6 was supposed to be more secure. We have IPSEC built-in don’t we? This short tutorial and lab exercises will take you through the pitfalls of IPv6 and it’s (in)security issues and teach you how to better secure your IPv6 Environment.
This online tutorial is fee-free.
Technical staff who are building or operating a service provider or enterprise network, and considering deploying IPv6 in their network.
- It is assumed that the workshop participants have a working knowledge of IP Routing, are comfortable with IPv6 fundamentals (protocol basics), basic linux commands and how to use a router command line interface.
- This workshop is not an introduction. The lab exercises use Cisco CLI and Ubuntu VMs.
- IPv6 security issues
- Hardware: It is highly recommended that participants bring their own laptop computers with admin rights.
- Software: SSH/Telnet Client
- Please ensure that you are able to connect via SSH(port 22) to resources outside of your network.