This online tutorial is fee-free.
Engineers, Network Managers and Operators, and Security policy makers who are interested in network security and want to gain an understanding of how to utilise cryptography.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of:
- network operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model and TCP/IP.
- Basic Linux command line (CLI) skills.
We recommend the following Academy courses be completed before the start of the tutorial:
- Network security fundamentals: https://academy.apnic.net/en/webinar-courses/network-security-fundamentals/
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Resource PKI
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and IP security
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Software: SSH Client, Telnet Client, VirtualBox/VMware
Confirm Secure SHell (SSH) is allowed from the office or home network to access the lab infrastructure? Test ssh connectivity, try to connect to route-views.oregon-ix.net. For example from the CLI type: ssh email@example.com