This workshop, through a combination of lectures and hands-on lab exercises, will help the participants have a better understanding of the IPv6 protocol and learn how to deploy IPv6 in their network.
This online tutorial is fee-free.
Technical folks who are building or operating a service provider or enterprise network, and considering deploying IPv6 in their network.
- It is assumed that the workshop participants have a working knowledge of IP Routing, are comfortable with IPv6 fundamentals (protocol basics), basic linux commands and how to use a router command line interface.
- This workshop is not an introduction. The lab exercises use Cisco CLI and Ubuntu VMs.
- IPv6 address planning
- IPv6 transition technologies
- IPv6 deployment planning
- Enabling IPv6 on network services (DNS, web, mail)
- IPv6 security issues
- Hardware: It is highly recommended that participants bring their own laptop computers with admin rights.
- Software: SSH/Telnet Client
This is a 2-part tutorial:
Wednesday 16 September – part 1
Thursday 17 September – part 2
Note: you must attend part 1 to attend part 2.
Day 2 / 17 September – Registration URL: Register for day 2/part 2
Please note: so we can deliver the hands-on exercises effectively there are a limited number of places available.
Please check the time zone.