The ITU Asia-Pacific CoE Programme on “Internet and IPv6 Infrastructure Security” will be held in Nonthaburi, Thailand from 8-12 May 2017. This programme is organized jointly by the International Telecommunication Union, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, Thailand and the APNIC as part of the Broadband Access programme under the auspices of the ITU Centres of Excellence for Asia-Pacific region. The training will be delivered in English.
- To build knowledge of policy makers, regulators, telecom operators, and enterprise network administrators on deployment and management of Internet and IPv6 network infrastructure.
- To provide information on Internet infrastructure security, particularly focusing on similarities and differences between IPv4 and IPv6 when it comes to network infrastructure security.
- To build skills on how to mitigate IPv6 Internet infrastructure security threat with demonstration of network configurations, and some hands-on exercises.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand Internet Infrastructure, IPv6 protocol and the required conditions for deployment of IPv6. They will also comprehend the issues related to Internet infrastructure security, threats, vulnerability and mitigation methods. The course will also focus on the similarities and differences in terms of issues related to IPv4 and IPv6 infrastructure security.
- Acquire skills for managing IPv6 Internet infrastructure security threat, methods for network monitoring and configurations.
Free with support from Ministry of Digital Economy and Society (Thailand) and APNIC.
Registration on ITU Academy Portal
Application to participate in this course should be made at “https://academy.itu.int” by following the steps:
Skip STEP 1, if you already have a username and password
Step 1: Create a new account in the ITU Academy portal at https://academy.itu.int/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=user&layout=form&Itemid=559&lang=en
After completing the registration form, a message will be sent to your e-mail address inviting you to log in to the platform.
Step 2: Once you are logged in, you can search for the course in the training catalogue or directly proceed to the course link: https://academy.itu.int/index.php?option=com_joomdle&view=coursecategoryextended&cat_id=:&course_id=1115:internet-and-ipv6-infrastructure-security&Itemid=478&lang=en
Step 3: Click on “Enroll me into this course” and type in the following enrolment key: 17WS19255ASP-E
You will then be able to access the course page.
Please note that online registration should be done before 20 April 2017
Network engineers and technical staff from policy makers, regulators, telecom operators, and enterprise network administrators responsible for deployment and management of Internet and IPv6 infrastructure networks.
The assessment of the participants shall be based on the time spent on the training and the following parameters:
|Evaluation Parameter||Weightage ( in %)
|Quizzes and presentations||60 %|
The minimum passing requirement for certificate is 60%.
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers for hands-on lab exercises.
Registration deadline: 20 April 2017
Mr. Ashish Narayan
ITU Regional Office for Asia Pacific
Tel. +66 2 575 0055
Fax +66 2 575 3507
Ms. Tharinee Limpibunterng
Tel: +66 2 596 1104
Fax: +66 2 591 8087