Why do we keep seeing news headlines about major networks not being reachable because traffic got rerouted to somewhere else? BGP mishaps are very common and frighteningly very easy. Examples are malicious route hijacking, mis-origination (fat fingers), and bad filters (route leaks). We need better mechanism to ensure no one can inject false information into the global routing system that easily.
This workshop will look at current tools/techniques, how Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) is just a piece in the puzzle, and what we should to secure the internet routing instead of waiting for an ideal solution that fixes all issues.
- Early-bird (20% off): MYR 720 / AUD 256 for APNIC Members & MYR 1090 / AUD 384 for Non-Members
- Early-bird fees end on 20 March 2020 (fee must be paid by this date)
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): MYR 900 / AUD 320 for APNIC Members & MYR 1360 / AUD 480 for Non-Members
Technical staff who are now building or operating a service provider network with international and/or multi-provider connectivity, or considering participation at an Internet Exchange point.
It is assumed that the workshop participants have a working knowledge of an OSPF/IS-IS and BGP fundamentals, along with know how to use a router command line interface.
This workshop is not an introduction. The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
- Internet Routing Basics (recap)
- Address Planning (IPv6) and traffic engineering
- BGP Fundamentals (recap)
- BGP Scaling techniques
- BGP Attributes and Policy Control
- Internet Multihoming Techniques
- BGP Operations and Security best practices
- BGP Filtering techniques
- Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) fundamentals
- BGP Filtering with ROA (Route Origin Validation)
- BGP AS-path validation
- Hardware: It is highly recommended that participants bring their own laptop computers with Wifi(b/g/n) and administrative access to system to practice the lessons learned during the workshops.
- Software: SSH Client, Telnet Client (PuTTy)
Maximum number of attendees
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.