This 1 day tutorial will look at the logistical concerns for requesting a penetration test, and the technical tools & techniques for executing your own security assessment. You will learn using free tools in a hands-on lab environment. The tools can then be used to immediately increase the security visibility on your network, and the lab environment will be made available to continue your learning experience after the tutorial.
This tutorial is being delivered at APAN49, please see the event website for full details and to register – https://www.apan49.np/
Network engineers, system administrators and IT managers
Attendees must bring a laptop (see below). You are recommended to attend all 4 sessions together. We will build onto topics throughout the day.
– 64-bit Intel/AMD 2GHz processor or better
– BIOS enabled for virtualisation (e.g. Intel VT/VT-x, AMD-V)
– 4GB of RAM (6GB preferred)
– 40GB of free space on your local hard drive
– Wireless 802.11 network adaptor
– VMware Workstation or VMware Player installed (installer files will be available at the workshop if needed)
– You must have administrator access to your laptop OS and BIOS
If you wish to pre-install the Virtual Machine used in the tutorial, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise USBs with the VM will be available at 8:30am on the day of the tutorial.
Maximum number of attendees