This hands-on technical tutorial examines why securing the internet routing system is difficult, and the global impact when things go wrong. The tutorial also looks at the various existing tools and industry initiatives to reduce the chances of someone injecting false information into the routing system. Through a mix of lectures and hands-on labs, this tutorial will look at understanding and deploying the various BGP operations and security best practices.
This tutorial will be held at APAN 48, please visit the event website for full details and to register – https://apan48.my/
Network Engineers/Managers who are involved in BGP routing. Pre-Registration Required.
- It is assumed that the workshop participants have a working knowledge of BGP fundamentals and know how to use a router command line interface.
- This workshop is not an introduction. The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
This tutorial will look at:
- Recent routing incidents
- Why and how these incidents happen
- BGP filtering techniques
- Fundamentals of Resource PKI
- How to create ROAs
- Deploying RPKI Validators
- BGP filtering with ROAs (also called route origin validation)
- Hardware: It is highly recommended that participants bring their own computers with WiFi (a/g/n/ac)
- Software: SSH client, Telnet client (PuTTy)
Maximum number of attendees
Phone: +60-3-89418646 ex: 145