Information Security is a broad topic, and as such this training course will look at several aspects from policies to penetration testing, and DNS to DDoS. Each topic is covered from basics to intermediate level that aims to educate and challenge participants.
This training course will be delivered over 5 days, and will include a mix of theory presentations, hands-on exercises, and group discussions/Q&A.
- VUV 12,700 / AUD 160 for APNIC Members & VUV 19,000 / AUD 240 for Non-Members
System Administrators, Engineers, IT Managers and Computer/Network Operators who are interested in information security, gaining an understanding of the threats they face and how to manage such threats.
- Information Security Overview
- Threat and Countermeasures to Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- Operating System Security
- Securing FTP, TFTP, SSH/SFTP/SCP
- Security Policies
- Penetration Testing
- Operational Security
- DDoS Fundamentals and Mitigation
- Password Control – End-User Perspective
- Password Control – Secure Server Side Storage
- Insecure File Permissions
- Incident Response Fundamentals
- Incident Response Table-Top Exercise
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop computers with an Intel i5 or i7 processor (or similar), >=4GB of RAM, 30GB of free hard disk space, a 64-bit operating system (Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X) with administrative access to system, and high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac).
- Participants are requested to enable Virtualisation Options in the BIOS, and pre-install VirtualBox (free, and preferred), or VMware Workstation (either paid or trial). VirtualBox installation files will be available at the beginning of the course if needed.
Maximum number of attendees
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.