This training course will be delivered over 3 days, and will include a mix of theory presentations, hands-on exercises, and group discussions/Q&A.
- APNIC members: USD 150 / AUD 192
- Non-members: USD 220 / AUD 288
Engineers, IT Managers and Operators, and Security Policy Makers who are interested in information security, gaining an understanding of the threats they face and how to mitigate such threats.
- Internet, IP, and Routing Basics
- DNS and Domain Hierarchy
- Whois Databases
- Information Security Overview
- Threat and Countermeasures to Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- Securing Network Infrastructure
- DDoS Fundamentals and Mitigation
- Operational Security
- Security Policies
- Penetration Testing
- Password Control – End-User Perspective
- Password Control – Secure Server Side Storage
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM, 30GB of free hard disk space, and a 64-bit operating system (Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X). Participants are requested to pre-install VirtualBox (free), or VMware Workstation (paid or trial), although installation files will be available at the beginning of the course.
Maximum number of attendees
A certificate of participation will be provided upon successful completion of the course.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.