This technical workshop is made up of lectures and hands-on lab exercise to teach the concept of IPv6 protocol architecture, its addressing structure, design issues when planning for IPv6 deployment focusing on IP core network. It discusses network infrastructure design principles for dual stack deployment, OSPFv3, MP-BGP, transition technologies etc. Also presented for understanding and to encourage best practice knowledge.
The course includes considerable practical work based on IPv6 and Cisco IOS router configuration commands.
- Early-bird (20% off): XPF 15,000 / AUD 192 for APNIC members
- Early-bird (20% off): XPF 22,000 / AUD 288 for non-members
- Early-bird fees end on 19 March 2018 (fee must be paid by this date)
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): XPF 19,000 / AUD 240 for APNIC members
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): XPF 28,000 / AUD 360 for non-members
Both Entry and/or mid level technical staff of ISP, network operators or enterprise, who are involved in day-to-day network operation and planning function.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model, TCP/IP and familiar with router operating system software (i.e Cisco IOS etc). It is also recommended that the participants attend TIP601 course prior to attending this course.
- Introduction to IPv6
- IPv6 Protocol Architecture and IPv6 Features
- IPv6 Addressing and Sub-netting
- IPv6 Host Configuration
- IPv6 Deployment IP address Plan- Case Study and Lab
- IPv6 Deployment in IGP i.e. ISIS – Case Study and Lab
- IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Technologies Lab
- IPv6 Deployment in EGP i.e. MP-BGP- Case Study and Lab
- IPv6 and DNS
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Maximum number of attendees
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Phone: +687 26.83.28