Network security is a critical part in protecting an organisation’s data, assets and resources. This introductory eLearning course will focus on the fundamental aspects of security. It will discuss key concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing a secure network.
This course will further examine network device and infrastructure security in different layers, as well as take a closer look at common network attacks with tools and tips to combat/mitigate them.
All eLearning courses are free of charge for participants, with priority given to APNIC Members.
Participants with basic understanding of network operations, who are interested to learn more and implement Security.
Basic understanding of network operations.
- Goals of Information Security
- Attacks on Different Layers
- TCP and Other Common Types of Attack
- Trusted Network
- Access Control
- VPN and IPSec
- Internet Security Protocols
- Security Management
- Updated web browser with Adobe Flash Player 11 or above
- Broadband connection running at a minimum of 256kbps or better
- Headset (to reduce noise)
Maximum number of attendees
50 participants per session