The emergence of SDN is having a disruptive influence on the world of data networking and is leading to a fundamental re-think of how networks are architected.
This course will provide a high-level overview of the following aspects of SDN: motivations, architectural frameworks, key enabling technologies and major use cases.
All eLearning courses are free of charge for participants, with priority given to APNIC Members.
Anyone currently operating an IP and/or MPLS network who is interesting in understanding the impact of SDN.
Intermediate-level knowledge of IP routing, routing protocols, management protocols, MPLS protocols, traffic-engineering.
- Market drivers for SDN
- Overview of SDN:
- Control and data plane separation
- SDN architectural frameworks
- Use cases
- Updated web browser with Adobe Flash Player 11 or above
- Broadband connection running at a minimum of 256kbps or better
- Headset (to reduce noise)
Maximum number of attendees
50 participants per session