The objective of this workshop is to examine the key concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing and maintaining security for a network, and building an understanding and familiarity with their operation. Device and network infrastructure security is examined with a focus on different layers to establish a robust, stable and secure network and protect the data and processes that occur in the network.
The workshop also looks at the nature and structure of network attacks and the motivation that drives such on-line malicious activity. The course further examines the actions and processes that can be used to identify, mitigate and respond to such attacks.
This workshop will also focus on Internet Resource Management; an introduction to APNIC, how to manage and apply for new resources.
- Early-bird (20% off): USD 71 / AUD 96 for APNIC members & USD 107 / AUD 144 for Non-members
- Early-bird fees end on 08 May 2017 (fee must be paid by this date)
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): USD 89 / AUD 120 for APNIC members & USD 133 / AUD 180 for Non-members
Engineers, Network Managers and Operators, and Security policy makers who are interested in network security and want to gain an understanding of the threats they face and how to mitigate such threats.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations and Internet technologies.
Internet Resource Management:
- Introduction to APNIC
- Internet registry policies
- APNIC Whois Database
Network Security and Incident Handling:
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Security in layers
- Anatomy of an attack
- Attack types
- Identification and mitigation
- Security Protocols
- Cryptography and applications
- Host and infrastructure security
- Network devices, filtering and ACLs
- Incident reporting and response
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers for hands-on lab exercises.
Maximum number of attendees
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.