About APNIC Training
The Training Unit strives to expand the capabilities, knowledge, and understanding of Internet network operators, engineers, managers, educators, and regulators, by helping them make full use of Internet resources and effectively apply relevant technologies and techniques. Meet the APNIC Training Unit
APNIC Training objectives
- Increase efficiency of your team members by giving them the knowledge they need to be effective in their individual roles.
- Empower your staff with a full understanding of technology and processes, so they can undertake tasks with more confidence and success
- Improve your services by developing your team's skills to provide better services to your clients, while providing your team with professional networking opportunities.
- Make the most of your resources with a deeper understanding of regional address management policies, which are the foundation of your network plan.
- Apply best current practices to ensure your organization keeps pace with the latest industry developments.
The courses we offer are designed to teach participants to proficiently understand, configure, manage, and administer their Internet services and infrastructure and to embrace current best practices. Training materials are developed in collaboration with industry and subject matter experts and include materials sourced with permission of our consultants. Browse APNIC Training Courses
Training and educational support is provided in several formats to accommodate our Members' needs and ensure availability, accessibility, and continuity of learning.
These courses are conducted on location, across the Asia Pacific region.
Tutorials include presentations and demonstrations over half a day or one day.
Workshops include Tutorial content, and hands-on exercises in the Virtual Training Lab. These courses last between three and five days, depending on needs and availability.
The Virtual Training Lab simulates an ISP topology with multiple operating areas. It's used to practice network configuration, building, and operations.
We offer free one-hour web classes as an additional training option and part of our blended learning model. There are 26 modules with three modules being delivered each Wednesday. The eLearning classes allow APNIC Training to reach more operators in the region with a convenient and cost effective training option before participating in a face-to-face course.
The APNIC Training Team collaborates with several partners in developing and sharing course material, and hosting or sponsoring events.