The emergence of SDN (Software Defined Network) has had a disruptive influence on the world of data networking, leading to a fundamental re-think of how networks are designed. This technical workshop will provide an in-depth understanding of the key technological elements of SDN via a combination of lectures and hands-on exercises.
- Early-bird (20% off): HKD 2,330 / AUD 384 for APNIC members & HKNOG 6.0 conference participants & HKD 3,500 / AUD 576 for Non-members
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): HKD 2,920 / AUD 480 for APNIC members & HKNOG 6.0 conference participants & HKD 4,380 / AUD 720 for Non-members
- Early-bird fees end on 09 February 2018 (fee must be paid by this date)
- This training will be held in-conjunction with HKNOG 6.0 – http://hknog6.eventbrite.com/
- HKNOG 6.0 conference participants forward your HKNOG 6.0 registration confirmation to email@example.com to obtain the special promotional code before registering for the workshop
Technical staff currently operating an IP and/or MPLS network who are interested in understanding the impact of SDN with a view of implementing elements of SDN in the near future.
It is assumed that participants will have intermediate-level knowledge of IP routing, routing protocols, management protocols, MPLS protocols, and traffic-engineering.
- Introduction to SDN
- Architectural frameworks for SDN
- Segment routing
- BGP Egress Peer Engineering
- Segment routing interworking with LDP
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Maximum number of attendees
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course. Please register using the name you want shown on the certificate.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided.