The objective of this workshop is to examine the key concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing and maintaining security for a network, and building an understanding and familiarity with their operation. Device and network infrastructure security is examined with a focus on different layers to establish a robust, stable and secure network and protect the data and processes that occur in the network.
The workshop also looks at the nature and structure of network attacks and the motivation that drives such on-line malicious activity.
The course further examines the actions and processes that can be used to identify, mitigate and respond to such attacks.
- Early-bird (20% off): WST 370 / AUD 192 for APNIC members
- Early-bird (20% off): WST 560 / AUD 288 for non-members
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): WST 460 / AUD 240 for APNIC members
- Standard (Pay onsite – Cash only): WST 690 / AUD 360 for non-members
- Early-bird fees end on 19 December 2017 (fee must be paid by this date)
Engineers, Network Managers and Operators, Security policy makers who are interested in network security and gaining an understanding of the threats they face and how to mitigate such threats.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations and Internet technologies.
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Security in layers
- Anatomy of an attack
- Attack types
- Identification and mitigation
- Security Protocols
- Cryptography and applications
- Host protection
- Server hardening
- Network devices
- Filtering and ACLs
- Network analysis and forensics
- Incident reporting and response
Internet Resource Management:
- Introduction to APNIC
- APNIC Whois Database
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Maximum number of attendees
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.