IP Security (IPSec) provides the security in the IP layer. It is a fundamental technology used in establishing VPN connections due to the security enhancements it provides, namely confidentiality, authentication and integrity.
This course looks into the details of the IPSec architecture. It will discuss the different IPSec modes, components (AH, ESP, and IKE), and their function. By the end of the class participants will be capable of configuring IPSec, with steps detailed in the lesson.
All eLearning courses are free of charge for participants, with priority given to APNIC Members.
This course is aimed at those who would like to learn about security incidents and how to setup security response capabilities.
Working knowledge of network operations and Security deployment.
- Virtual Private Networks
- What is IPSec?
- Benefits of IPSec
- Tunnel vs. Transport Mode
- IPSec Architecture and Components
- Setting up an IPSec VPN Tunnel
- Updated web browser with Adobe Flash Player 11 or above
- Broadband connection running at a minimum of 256kbps or better
- Headset (to reduce noise)
Maximum number of attendees
50 participants per session