The APNIC Training Team often receives requests for personalized assistance after training events. These requests are typically from individual trainees or organizations asking for the APNIC Trainer, who led the tutorial or workshop, to visit and provide advice and guidance on the next stages of a particular technology specification or deployment.
In the past, the Training Team made efforts to provide such assistance on an ad hoc basis. The Engineering Assistance Program formalizes this support, allowing APNIC to provide structured assistance for organizations that request extra support.
As part of APNIC's ongoing commitment to directly supporting regional infrastructure development, the Engineering Assistance Program bridges the gap between APNIC Training courses and the services of a consultancy organization that would provide advanced assistance with major infrastructure deployments. APNIC Training aims to assist organizations requesting advice on specification, deployment, and operational technologies that were covered in APNIC Training sessions attended by that organization's staff.
Engineering Assistance is run on a cost recovery basis, with the daily fee structured into the same three categories used for Tutorials and Workshops.
- Category A Developed Economies: Australia, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, and many engagements outside the APNIC region.
- Category B Developing Economies: All economies in the APNIC region not listed in Category A or C.
- Category C Least Developed Economies: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao Republic, Myanmar, Nepal, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
The Engineering Assistance Program covers several topic, including:
- Routing Protocols e.g. BGP, OSPF, ISIS
- IPv6 technology and deployment
- MPLS Basics
- IXP establishment and deployment
- Network Infrastructure Security for both IPv4 and IPv6
- DNS and DNSSEC
- Newer technologies such as BGP Security (RPKI)
Learn more about Engineering Assistance
To find out more about the APNIC Engineering Assistance Program, please contact the APNIC Training Team, or speak to your APNIC Trainer during any APNIC Training event.